Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mother's Day and Blueberries

What does Mother's Day and Blueberries have in common???  Not a lot but that is what was happening in Room 101 today. We were scurrying around trying to finish up Mother's Day projects and in between we had a visitor, Mrs. Small. She stop by to share with us all about blueberries which was perfect since we a starting our plant unit. We love it when Mrs. Small visits because she fills our heads with lots of information and then she usually fills our bellies with a fun snack that goes with our theme. Kindergarten and First is all about the SNACKS! She read the book Wild Blueberries for ME put out by Maine Agriculture in the Classroom. They do a great job and we love their non-fiction books.
After we talked about how blueberries grow and are picked we read one of my favorite picture books.

Don't you just LOVE this book. Seeing it just makes me want to go....kuplink, kuplank, kuplunk!


We did a little blueberry math and then we had a blueberry muffiins!








After all that blueberry fun we were ready to finish up our Mother's Day gifts this afternoon. We have been working on them all week! We made the cutest Mother's Day Booklet. I loved seeing all of their responses. Here are just a few.


     
I love my mom because she always helps me with everything. She prays with me at night and I love her really much.

My mom likes to sing "What does the fox say?"

Then a good friend took pictures of all my students and we turned them into bookmarks. They are adorable!


All in all, we had a fabulous day!!

If you would like to check out my Mother's Day Unit click on the preview below or CLICK HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment